Director Ophthalmology Department University, Barcelona, Spain
Academic Status: Full Professor of Ophthalmology, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Secretary of the Department of Surgery, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Chairman of the Ophthalmology Department, Universitary Hospital Valle de Hebrón, Barcelona
- Director of the Ophthalmic Research Department at the Universisdad Autónoma de Barcelona
- Vitreoretinal Consultant, Institut de Microcirurgia Ocular (IMO), Barcelona
- Medical degree from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, school of Meedicine, graduated with honors.
- Ophthalmology training at the Hospital Universitario Valle hebrón from 1981 to 1985, PHD in vitreoretinal research in 1990.
498 Lectures, more than 200 international, including 45 in EEUU, 34 in France, 18 in Italy, 13 in Germany. Five participations in AAO Retina Subspeciality day, Invited speaker in Duke university, Cleveland University, Marburg University,Hong Kong University…
22 books chapters, 185 papers, 80 in International Journals, Primary research interests: vascular retinal diseases, including diabetic retinopathy and vein/artery occlusion, ocular oncology, pediatric vitreoretinal surgery, diabetic retinopathy, macular hole. Principal investigator or co-investigator in 29 Research Projects