Minutes Selection 2014
Lugano, 27 June 2014
Fellowship Selection Committee
The ESASO Fellowship Board met in Lugano on 27 June 2014 to select the new Fellows 2014-2015.
The ESASO Fellowship Board included Borja Corcóstegui, Leonidas Zografos, Christoph Scholda, Rafael Navarro, Giuseppe Guarnaccia, and Maurizio Battaglia Parodi.
Stanley Chang and Rupert Bourne were Skype-connected to interview the candidates.
Maurizio Battaglia Parodi informed the Board that seven candidates have applied to the ESASO Fellowship Programme.
The 2014 ESASO Fellowship Programme included the following positions:
• Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular, Barcelona, Spain
• Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
• Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA
• Università Vita-Salute, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
• Allgemeines Krankenhaus Universitätskliniken, Vienna, Austria
• Department of Ophthalmology, Tel Aviv Medical Center & Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
• Institute of Ophthalmology & Visual Science, UMDNJ-New Jersey, USA
• Ludwig-Maximilans Universität Munich, Germany
• Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
• Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK
After a thorough discussion the ESASO Fellowship Board decided to assign two Fellowships:
• Surgical Retina Fellowship at Department of Ophthalmology at the Ludwig-Maximilians Universität in Munich to Giancarlo Sborgia, Italy
• Surgical Retina Fellowship at Department of Ophthalmology at University of Amsterdam to Alessandro Papayannis, Italy
Moreover, the ESASO Board approved the candidature of M Zubair Y Arain for the Leadership Training Programme for Clinical Product Development Fellowship.
The President of the Committee, Borja Corcóstegui, adjourned the meeting at 04:30 pm.
Stanley Chang, USA
President of the Committee
Borja Corcóstegui, Spain
Rafeal Navarro, Spain
Giuseppe Guarnaccia, Italy
Christoph Scholda, Austria
Leonidas Zografos, Switzerland
Secretary Maurizio Battaglia Parodi, Italy