Professor of Ophthalmology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Profession and Medical school studies:
I am attached to the University of Ain Shams, Cairo, since my graduation till now.
• I had my graduation in the year of 1979, then resident till I got my Master degree in ophthalmology in year 1983.
• I had my MD and Doctoral degree in the year 1988 and I had a full Professor degree in the year 1999 till now.
• I practice in the university hospital, but I have as well a single private practice.
• I am only a phaco-refractive surgeon. Moderate volume, more than 700 phaco cases/year and 1200 refractive cases, mostly LASIK/year.
• Special interest in the premium IOL.
• I had 19 papers published in the local journals.
• I gave 27 presentation in the field of phaco and IOLs in our local meetings.
• I had supervised and discussed 34 Master essays and 18 Doctoral thesis.
• I chaired 6 skill transfer courses and 5 wet lab. Courses in theuniversity.
• I am a member of the Egyptian society of ocular implants [ESOIRs] and the Egyptian society of cataract and refractive surgery [EgSCRS].
• I am a member of MEACO, giving regular lectures in every meeting.
• Since 2001, I perform live phaco surgeries yearly, , and moderate symposia that covers phaco surgery or intraocular implants in these local meetings.
• I am a member of the AAO and the ASCRS with regular attendance since 1995.
• Computer work, I created a soft ware for ophthalmic examination that was the first in Egypt since 1990 and was pivotal for all other soft wares created since then.
• I also created a soft ware for documenting and auditing phaco surgeries.